Compliance with The Privacy Act
Cable Blu treat the privacy of our customer data, including personal information with utmost importance. We view privacy as a serious matter and adhere to the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988.
"Personal Information" means information that could reasonably be used to identify you as a person including but not limited to your name, email, contact details and financial information such as credit card details.
Personal Information We Collect
The type of information we collect usually includes name, contact details (eg. address, telephone numbers, email address, banking information and supporting documentation such as credit history details), technology (what type of technologies your organisation uses) and information on forums and events attended.
Customer information may be collected via the following methods:
- the course of supplying customers with products and/or services or more generally engaging in a commercial business relationship,
- technical forums we host or support and similar business event registrations (via phone, fax and the Internet),
- small files known as “cookies” that are downloaded to your computers web browser and remember information to improve your on-line experience,
- general responses to marketing campaigns and other promotions and offers communicated to customers (via phone, fax and the Internet),
- information collected from third parties (eg. "mailing lists").
Why We Collect It
In an industry that evolves as rapidly as ICT, we make every effort to keep our customers and stakeholders informed and up to date with changes and new technologies. We collect, hold, and use your information for the primary purpose of carrying out our business functions and activities which includes but is not limited to:
- verifying your identity,
- providing alerting services and updates on incidents, issues and problems that may affect customers' ICT equipment, network or security,
- making available special offers or promotions,
- issuing invitations to events organised by Cable Blu (or Cable Blu in conjunction with our partners), such as seminars and technology demonstrations,
- sending regular communications (newsletters, service management reports, service disruption or similar notices),
- investigating a complaint or account query raised by you; or
- as required by law.
Information we may source from third parties is used to provide specific offers, promotional material and/or invitations to events. If you receive any communications where your name was sourced from an external database/list, we will use our best endeavours to make sure that no communications, of any sort, are sent to you in the future should you opt not to receive them.
Disclosure Or Sharing Of Customer Information
Cable Blu does not ever sell, rent or trade customer information to third parties, other than regulators where law deems it necessary, or we may issue such information to contractors carrying out specialised activities on our behalf.
Storing Your Information
We make every effort and measure to keep secure the personal information you provide to us. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Communicating What You Want To Receive
Cable Blu respect our customers right to determine what, if any, marketing material you wish to receive from us and provide you with a choice to opt out of receiving any marketing correspondence (i.e., via email or direct mail). If you do not wish to recieve marketing material from us, please:
- Email and specify whether you wish to receive:
- newsletter/s (or other, regular printed communications, sent by mail)
- promotional/special offers or related communications (sent by mail and/or email)
- invites to events, such as seminars (sent by mail and/or email)
- no marketing-related communications at all.
Access To Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate and up to date, and regularly update our database. If your personal details change, please contact us on 1300 019 9988 or via email and we will update your details.
If you have any questions about this policy, or wish to update (or view) information we hold about you, please write to:
The Privacy Officer
Cable Blu Pty Ltd
Suite 15, 456 St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
You can also telephone us on 1300 001 065 or contact us here